Monday, November 2, 2009

Giselle

Halloween was a blast! I had a lot of fun making the costumes Eliza & Spencer asked to have. Spencer has been in a Peter Pan phase. He told us that he was going to be Peter Pan, Will would be Captain Hook, and I would be Wendy. He wanted Eliza to be Tinkerbell, but she didn't want to. So, he decided Jane would be Tinkerbell.
He was in heaven when he got to sword fight with Captain Hook. It was so fun to watch him!



Eliza has wanted to be Giselle since last year, so there was no convincing her to go with the Peter Pan theme.
I think she made a beautiful Giselle and she acted the part very well. In fact, our radio station is having a "Princess" contest and I entered Eliza's picture in her Giselle costume. If she gets the most votes, she'll win a trip to Disneyland. It's all based on votes, so if you can, go to http://www.kosy.com/pages/disney_on_ice/

and vote for Eliza, Entry #179.

I have wanted to cut her hair for a while, but decided I'd wait until after Halloween. So, the Monday after Halloween, we took her in to get her hair cut. She had decided that she wanted to cut off the full 10" and donate it to Locks of Love. She's learned quite a bit about cancer lately and thought it was pretty neat she could give her hair to someone who didn't have any. These pictures make me cry--not because I miss her hair, but it's been so touching to watch her. Kids are amazing. She didn't even act like it was a big deal. It's been nothing but excitement ever since I told her about it. She is such a sweetheart.

2 comments:

Polaris said...

Like mother like daughter. That is very cool Eliza! I'm so proud of you for helping someone else in need.

Vilate Thacker said...

her new do is adorable! :)