Monday, February 2, 2009

Pictures




I am taking this lighting class at BYU, but since I am not officially in the photography program, I can't use their studio. So, Will helped me set up a make-shift studio in our living room.

I think it turned out pretty good. We played with the lighting and took pictures of the kids. When we finally got things set up, it was Spencer's nap time. So, I only got a couple shots of him while we were still figuring out the lighting. Then I had Eliza pose for me while I kept changing things. Half-way through, Eliza said, "Mom, this isn't my favorite thing to do." So, we let her go play.

Then we tried to take pictures of Jane & her "twin cousin", Rachel. However, I think we waited until it was too late for them. This is one of the only ones we got of them without their thumbs in their mouths.
Anyway, I had a lot of fun. I love figuring this out and I really am enjoying this class. It's really nice to be able to go learn. I am very thankful that Will is so supportive of me pursuing this. He takes his lunch during my class so he can watch the kids. He is wonderful!

4 comments:

Vilate Thacker said...

They are so adorable! I can just hear Eliza saying that too. LOL! They are good pics!

Polaris said...

the pictures look good, I really like Spencer's with his hand on his chin, very cute. And Eliza's closed eye shot, classic. I saw the 'twin cousins' on facebook last night and showed her off to my friends.

Peggy said...

That is so Eliza! And Spencer has got that innocent look down. Cutest kids ever, I love your blog design.

Marrian said...

Hey Britta! It's Marrian. How are you? Your family is soooo cute! And you have quite the talent for photography. It's so fun to see you and connect with you!